About Me

My photo
Thorneside, Qld, Australia
I am a 41yo mother of two. I am beginning my "after children" career as an accountant and am currently studying my Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accountancy. I have a wonderfully supportive husband and a 12yo daughter and 9yo son. In my "spare time" I love to scrapbook. I love my food and am now learning better food choices through the 12WBT. I hope you enjoy my blog and please leave a comment if you dare. xx Tori

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Our Own Private Bootcamp

With the Perth finale and Brisbane Stampede on this weekend, there weren't any SSS's on, but Tina decided to hold a Bootcamp on Sunday morning. We booked ourselves in and turned up at Redland Bay at 7am on Sunday morning, along with .... no one else! It was just us. Everyone else was recovering from Stampede yesterday and the FB Group celebratory dinner the night before. No worries, we ended up with our own private family bootcamp. Just the four of us :-)
We had to run (yay - NOT), jump, squat, do tricep dips, push ups and more.

The tyres came out again and we had to flip them (the big ones) and carry them (the smaller ones).






 We also had to carry this insanely heavey and thick rope.

Mady and James put in a really good effort and participated in the whole bootcamp with only a few whinges.
But we weren't finished yet ..... next came a jog to the stairs. Oh No! Stairs! And not only once, but again and again, up and down, up and down, one at a time, two at a time, and back up again. Phew! I was slow, so only made it up and down five times, but Tina pushed Stephen hard and made him to it ten times. Meanwhile, James counted the stairs - 64. Which meant that Stephen went up 640 stairs and down 640 stairs. OUCH. No wonder our (his) calves were hurting the next day, and the next day, and even still on Wednesday.
Finally it was time to stretch. OMG that felt good. I can't do the quadracepts stretch while standing, but can do it lying down, Tina thought that was hilarilous and captured this "lazy" posing shot of me.

Yeah, thanks! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment