About Me

My photo
Thorneside, Qld, Australia
I am a 41yo mother of two. I am beginning my "after children" career as an accountant and am currently studying my Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accountancy. I have a wonderfully supportive husband and a 12yo daughter and 9yo son. In my "spare time" I love to scrapbook. I love my food and am now learning better food choices through the 12WBT. I hope you enjoy my blog and please leave a comment if you dare. xx Tori

Friday, August 17, 2012

A Normal Day at Work

I started today in the wrong way, my alarm went off at 5:30am but I was so tired and still stiff from all this new exercise so we made an executive decision to skip the walk. Afterall, we need to have a day off. In hindsight, we should have gone for the walk, it would have worked off some of the stiffness and would have energised our brains ready for the work day.

At work I struggled. I was tired, hungry, and bored. I tried to be good and mananged to avoide the yummy biscuits in the kitchen.

I think the turning point was when a couple of the girls were going to Maccas for lunch and I said no. Wow, I said no to Maccas!
So, I started putting some strategies in place. I chewed sugar free chewing gum, drank water, drank some more water, peed, and drank some more water. I was so happy with myself for pushing through.
I kept this attitude as I went home (early finish Fridays, yay). As soon as I got home I put on a load of washing, then another and another. I got the whole week's washing done on Friday afternoon! Nothing left to do on the weekend. I just got in and did it. I had planned to do a workout on the Wii with my kids, but James didn't make it home from school so I had to go looking for him and ran out of time for the Wii. Nevertheless, some of the good habits are starting to appear.
(James did turn up, he'd had athletics day and had sore legs so walked home very, very slowly and was cutting across the park when I drove past so I did not see him).

No comments:

Post a Comment