About Me

My photo
Thorneside, Qld, Australia
I am a 41yo mother of two. I am beginning my "after children" career as an accountant and am currently studying my Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accountancy. I have a wonderfully supportive husband and a 12yo daughter and 9yo son. In my "spare time" I love to scrapbook. I love my food and am now learning better food choices through the 12WBT. I hope you enjoy my blog and please leave a comment if you dare. xx Tori

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pre-Season Task #2 - Set Your Goals

Goal Setting:
Our next step is to set some SMART goals. Now I know all about SMART goals having literally finished my CA project last week which including determining SMART goals for the case study business.

SMART goals are:
Specific
Measurable
Achieveable
Realistic
Time based

Mish wants us to first look at our long term goal and then break it up into smaller manageable goals which aren't so scary.

Here are my goals:

Overall Goal:
Lose 43kg by Christmas 2013

One Month Goal:
Lose 5kg; Run 1km without stopping;

How Will I Get There?
Follow the 12WBT to the letter

Three Month Goal:
Lose 15kg; Run 5km without stopping

How Will I Get There?
Follow the 12WBT to the letter; Sign up for another fun run;

Six Month Goal:
Lose 30kg; Run 8km;

How Will I Get There?
Follow the 12WBT to the letter

Twelve Month Goal:
Lose 45kg; Run 10km;

How Will I Get There?
Follow the 12WBT to the letter; Sign up for another fun run;

Imagine what kind of a person I'll be if (I mean when) I achieve these goals! I can't even imagine, it's so distant to where I am right now. With all my past failures in the weight loss stakes I'm not even confident I can get there. Hopefully with Stephen's and the kids' support and encouragement I WILL do it this time. I really need to, or I'm just going to get bigger and bigger and more unhealthy. If I don't, I'll be sending myself to an early grave.
THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Hear it out loud today - I WILL DO THIS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment